Postal Processing PrintPool
Our task was to merge documents from different sources (depot extract, tax documents etc.) to one shipping unit each – with some extras!
- Status monitoring of the documents in the DB
- Indexing for the archive
- Interactive checkout for preview and test prints via Papyrus Client
- XML control files for the workflow in Papyrus Objects
- Sort by location / postal code and other criteria
- Printout Editing
- Building of Print Spool according to specifications of the external print partner based on the Papyrus Database Structure.
Papyrus Objects / WebControl
Definition and maintenance of a WebControl system based on Papyrus Objects architecture:
Automated workflow controls formatting / archiving / print stacking and bundling through interface driven communication with Papyrus PostProcessing.
Multi-level error handling for total job control.
» Dynamic document creation by specialist departments
Maintenance of a system which allows the department …
- … to change textforms for corporate actions
- … to change the resulting documents
- … and to make it available as template for mass printing
We have implemented this task in a three-step approach:
1. Output Management collects all basic text modules WYSIWYG in a PP client application
2. In a second PP client application, the department uses these building blocks to form the correspondence. This is done in a framework, which can also be used to define which blocks may be changed in which form.
3. The third part is a batch application, which draws the data correspondence defined in 2) for the capital measure, is filled with current data. After formatting it is checked into the print pool. We also implemented a four-eye principle for the two text-based applications before production, including test prints of all versions.